WELCOME TO THE TEAM
WADE RACING, NZ SUPERSTOCK TEAM
For the last 21 years, Jared Wade has been racing as one of New Zealand's most successful speedway drivers; winning many events and major titles in his racing career.
Today, the Wade Racing team is professionally run from the WR workshop in the Waikato. The WR team is focused on professionalism on and off the track and raising funds for local charities such as Conductive Education Waikato by managing the Conductive Education SuperStock Challenge at McDonald's Kihikihi Speedway.
In 2003 at 20 years old, Jared was the youngest driver to ever win the NZ Superstock Championship. He went on to back this up by winning his first of three Waikato Championships that same year. In Superstock ranks Jared has been crowned 1NZ, 2nd NZ GP and 3rd North Island Champs twice. With his Waikato Team, Jared has also placed 3rd twice at NZ Teams Champs.
In 2014, the team decided to change direction and Jared competed in the Midget class for a new challenge out of Western Springs in Auckland. During this time Jared finished 3rd in the country at the NZ Midget champs and 3rd in the North Island Midget Champs. In 2016, after a ‘Bring Back Wade’ campaign from Superstock fans, Jared decided it was time to return to the sport he loved.
The Wade Racing 85 Superstock is a Hampton built tri-rail chassis, formerly the 1NZ car driven by Joe Faram in Hawkes Bay. Joe Faram had the car built by one of the finest car builders in the country, Steve Hampton. The Hampton chassis is coupled by a Marsh Motorsport Chev V8.
- Chassis: Hampton Tri-Rail
- Hi tensile chassis with chrome Molly outriggers and mild steel side rails and bumpers
- Engine: Chev V8 Marsh Motrosport
- Diff: Quick Change
- Gear box: ZF
- Suspension: 4 link rear end with Afco racing shocks all round.
- Dyno HP: 510
- Weight: 1460 kg
- Home town: Hamilton
- Home Speedway Track: Kihikihi
- Occupation: Management Team @ Waikato Scaffolders.
- Other Hobbies: Fishing, boating, running.
- First Started Racing: 2000/01 season.
- Favourite thing about Speedway: Traveling the country and the adrenaline rush.
- Most memorable moments: Winning an NZ title and preventing an English driver from taking the title off-shore. Finishing 3rd in the NZ Midget Champs.
- Goals for upcoming season: Compete at the top of the class. Take Superstock racing to the next level of professionalism.
- 3X HUNTLY CLUB CHAMP
- 3X WAIKATO CHAMP
- 1ST NZ CHAMPS
- 1ST ROTORUA TRI SERIES
- 1ST AUCKLAND CHAMPS
- 1ST TARANAKI INVASION
- 1ST 50 YEARS PALL MALL CUP AUCKLAND
- 3X 3RD NELSON CHAMPS
- 3RD NORTH ISLAND CHAMP
- 1ST ROUND 1 OLLIE BROWN MEMORIAL
- 2X 1ST TANK TEAMS VS NZ TEAM
- 2X HUNTLY OPENING MEETING
- 1ST EASTER CHAMPS NELSON
- 1ST SOUTH ISLAND SERIES
- 2X 2ND AUCKLAND CHAMPS
- 3RD THUNDER DOWN UNDER
- 1ST JOHN WEBSTER MEMORIAL
- 2X 3RD WAIKATO CHAMP
- 2ND BOP CHAMPS
- 2ND NORTH ISLAND TRI SERIES
- 2ND TARANAKI CHAMPS
- 2ND 40 YEARS TARANAKI STOCKCARS
- 2ND NZ GRAND PRIX
- 2ND AUCKLAND CITY OF SAILS
- 2ND GREYMOUTH CHAMPS
- 2ND KING COUNTRY CHAMPS
- 2X 3RD NZ TEAMS CHAMPS
- 1ST BLENHIEM CLUB CHAMPS
- 3RD NORTH ISLAND TEAMS CHAMPS
- 2X SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR HUNTLY SPEEDWAY
- 7 YEARS WAIKATO TEAM MEMBER
- WAIKATO DISTRICT SPORTS PERSON OF THE YEAR NOMINEE
- 3RD WAIKATO CHAMPS
- 2ND OLLIE BROWN MEMORIAL